It was supposed to be a fun boating outing for the Free family at Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma. The family has spent their entire lives on the lake, and they know all the boating safety rules and follow them.
By the end of the day, everyone was tired and ready to get home. The family didn’t know that carbon monoxide poisoning can easily be mistaken for the same symptoms as too much sun or dehydration. Other symptoms may include: headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion.
Tragically, Andy’s life was cut short by a silent, odorless, and deadly danger—carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Free family urges boaters to be aware of the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Traveling at slow speeds, or idling can cause carbon monoxide to build up on the boat. The same applies to a tail wind, which may blow exhaust towards passengers. If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, seek immediate medical attention.
Share this important message with a Carbon Monoxide Danger Outdoor Sign. Available in a case of 20 signs for only the cost of shipping/handling.