Fall is one of the best times to go boating. As families continue to social distance, many predict the increase in boaters on the water will continue through the fall. Here are some ways you can enjoy boating safely this fall.
1. Fishing and hunting. Fall is one of the best times for fishing and hunting. Fish are migrating and feeding in preparation for winter, and waterfowl hunting is underway.
2. Fall colors. Beautiful autumn foliage outings are always special, but when seen from a boat, the experience can be magical. Check out these 10 beautiful spots from our friends at Discover Boating.
3. Layers, layers, layers. Wear layers when boating in the fall, and always bring an extra set of clothes in case you get wet. Remember, never wear your life jacket under your jacket.
4. Sun protection. As we move into cooler temperatures, don’t forget sun protection. From long-sleeve UV resistant clothing to sunscreen, make sure you’re prepared for a day on the water.
5. Education. Get back to learning this fall by brushing up on your navigation knowledge, or becoming a NSBC certified Instructor. Learn about training opportunities from the NSBC.
For more boating safety tips and resources, visit SafeBoatingCampaign.com.