Get ready for this year’s campaign with our online resource kit.
Thank you to all our new and returning partners! The Wear It! campaign message continues to grow on both a national and localized, grassroots level. In fact, a recent survey found that participants aware of the campaign are significantly more likely to wear life jackets always or most of the time versus those unaware of the campaign.
Be sure to check out our new online resource kit to help you plan your local campaign events. It includes recreational boating safety fact sheets, life jacket information, customizable press releases, media alerts, public service announcements, and more!
We look forward to another great campaign, leveraging the successful messages of the past and adding new tactics to reach an ever-broadening audience of boating participants.
Here is a preview of this year’s campaign:
- Wear Your Life Jacket to Work Day (May 20, 2016)
- Ready, Set, Wear It! Life Jacket World Record Day (May 21, 2016)
- National Safe Boating Week (May 21-27, 2016)
- Operation Dry Water (June 24-26, 2016)
- Boater survivor stories, contests and social media campaign
- New public service announcement campaign with Shaw Grigsby, Bassmaster Elite Series Angler
Wear It! unites the efforts of a wide variety of boating safety advocates and is produced under a grant from the Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund, administered by the U.S. Coast Guard. Follow Wear It! at facebook.com/safeboatcampaign and twitter.com/boatingcampaign. Visit safeboatingcampaign.com.